Nes, Ameland, the Netherlands
- Sustainable and responsible camping on Ameland
- Beautiful location in the dunes and right on the beach
- Ideal place to discover Ameland by bicycle or on foot
- Car-free campsite
- Enjoy peace and nature!
Very suitable for children
younger than 7 years old.
Suitable for children
between 8 and 14 years old
Less suitable for children
14 and up
Get a breath of fresh air on the beach of Ameland
Campsite Duinoord is located in the middle of the dunes and directly on the North Sea coast near the town of Nes. Ameland is a unique and gorgeous part of the Netherlands. Go on lovely bike rides around the island, look for shells on the beach, and enjoy the beautiful nature.
Children can enjoy playing in the playgrounds. In high season, the enthusiastic entertainment team organizes fun activities, such as tracking with the forest ranger and games on the beach. In the central building of the campsite you will find a canteen, snack bar, and entertainment room. You can enjoy a cold pilsner, cup of coffee, or tasty fries on the terrace. Campsite Duinoord has a mini-market for the necessary groceries and here you can get fresh bread every morning. Something to celebrate? You will also find a nice assortment of cakes and pastries.
Ameland is ideal for discovering by bicycle. At the campsite you can rent bicycles and take scenic bike rides to the various places on the island. Or why not a wonderful beach walk? Many unique plants and birds can be found on the island.
Campsite Duinoord is car-free. Are you making the crossing to Ameland by car? Then you can unload your luggage upon arrival and then park your car in the central car park about 50 meters from the tents (paid) or in a public car park outside the campsite (at 850 meter, free). If you make the crossing without a car, you can take the bus or a taxi from the quay to the campsite. The ferry crossing from Holwerd to Ameland takes approximately 50 minutes. We advise you to book the crossing to Ameland in advance.
Sustainable and responsible camping on Ameland in the GlamLodge Premium tent. The sanitary unit is made from recycled plastic, is manufactured sustainably, and is environmentally friendly. Also, to reduce air pollution, the boiler does not use gas. We care about nature and the environment around us and so we have reduced our gas consumption, which is sustainable and more environmentally friendly.
Festivities on Ameland
During a number of weekends in the season there are festivities near camping Duinoord. This makes it busier on the island and this can possibly cause some inconvenience. These are the dates as currently known for 2023:
- June 9 to 11: Rugby tournament
- June 30 to July 2: MadNes festival
- 3 to 6 August: Roggenfestival
- September 8 to 11: Triumph Meeting (motorcycles)
Enjoy a wonderful beach holiday at Campsite Duinoord!
Glamlodge tent Premium
- Up to 5 people
- Sanitary cabin with shower, toilet and sink
- Large fridge with freezer
- Skottel braai, fan and electric heater
- Covered terrace with lounge chairs
- Up to 6 people
- Large fridge with freezer compartment
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Spacious awning with garden set
The tents are located on the SOUTH part of Camping Duinoord.
- Limited provisions available at campsite
- Snack bar
- Fresh baked bread available at campsite
- Pup tent NOT allowed
- Pet NOT allowed
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Some playground equipment
- Located at sea
- Sand beach
- Wi-Fi coverage 80-100%
- Swimming in sea
What can you see and do near Campsite Duinoord?
- Beautiful walks through the woods and dunes
- There are more than 90 km of cycle paths on Ameland
- Try the exciting sport of kitesurfing
- Great opportunities for horseback riding
- Visit picturesque locations and enjoy the views
A holiday on Ameland is all about nature and the beach. From Campsite Duinoord you can walk straight onto the North Sea beach. Cycle from village to village on the well-maintained cycle paths. Prefer a little more excitement? Go Kitesurfing! There are several surf schools where you can try a lesson. You can also golf, go horseback riding, bowling, or fishing. There are endless possibilities for an unforgettable holiday on Ameland!