- Beautiful location on the Altmühl River
- Take a canoe trip directly from the campsite
- Beautiful walking and cycling tours throughout the area
- Discover the colorful landscape of the Altmühltal
- Enjoy a local beer at a beer garden
Very suitable for children
younger than 7 years old.
Suitable for children
between 8 and 14 years old
Less suitable for children
14 and up
Discover the beautiful Altmühltal on foot, by bike, or by canoe!
Azur Campsite Altmühltal in Kipfenberg is located directly on the Altmühl River. From the campsite you can step directly into a canoe for a beautiful canoe trip on the Altmühl River. Camping Altmühltal is a quiet, family campsite and has a modern, new sanitary building.
In the cozy bistro on the campsite you can enjoy a nice meal or a drink on the terrace. There is a camp shop for the necessary groceries and fresh bread in the morning. Children will quickly meet friends at table tennis table and go-karts are available for rent.
The public outdoor swimming pool is 800 meters from Campsite Altmühltal. The center of Kifpenberg can be reached on foot (approx. 600 meters). Here you will find several cozy restaurants for a bite to eat.
Are you a fan of fishing? Then you do not have to go far - you can fish right at the campsite on the Altmühl River.
- Disabled sanitary
- Heated sanitary facilities
- Limited provisions available at campsite
- Restaurant (lots of choice)
- Fresh baked bread available at campsite
- Electric barbecue allowed
- Gas barbecue allowed
- Coal barbecue allowed
- Pet allowed
- Wi-Fi zone
- Pup tent NOT allowed
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Table tennis place
What can you see and do near Campsite Altmühltal?
- Go on an organized canoe trip
- Search for fossils in the famous Plattenkalk-Steinbruch near Solnhofen
- Visit the historic city of Munich or Nuremberg
- Get your adrenaline rush while abseiling and canyoning
Right next to the campsites is the starting point for organized canoe trips. Here you can book a canoe trip with return transfer. At about 13 kilometers you will find the Altmühltaler Abenteuerpark , where you can try out a climbing course. The historic center of Kipfenberg is definitely worth a visit. You can also take a day trip to Nuremberg or visit the famous Allianz Arena in Munich. In the Altmühltal, the possibilities for beautiful hikes and cycling tours are endless. You can also play tennis or go horseback riding for a day.