Top 5 Beach Destinations:
It’s hard to argue that one of the main factors of visiting the Costa Brava is the stunning beaches this region has to offer. The total coastline of the Costa Brava amounts to 133 miles (214 kilometres), which makes it impossible to enjoy the entirety of the shores in one holiday. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of some of the best beaches in this region, along with great camping accommodations to fully take advantage of your upcoming holiday.
Platja de Pals
The small, charming village of Pals holds one of the longest beaches of the Costa Brava, boasting a 3.5 km shoreline. With its pretty pine forests, sand dunes and unique flora on one side and spectacular views over the Medes Islands on the other, Platja de Pals possesses an awe-inspiring beauty. Its long stretch of fine golden sand is 70 metres wide on average and provides an excellent space to play beach volleyball and other games. This beach is noticeably untouched and calm, therefore the perfect spot to disconnect and unwind. Platja de Pals is part of the Montgrí Massif, Medes Islands and the Baix Ter Natural Park, making it a great destination for long, relaxing walks. There are two sections of Platja de Pals with two different names. One is referred to as Platja Gran in the south and the other in the north as Platja del Grau.
- Campsite Interpals: Located on a mountain, this campsite is less than 500 metres from the sandy beach. Take advantage of the lovely swimming pool, the playground and the restaurant on site.
- Campsite Cypsela: Referred to as one of the best campsites in Spain, Cypsela is just five minutes from the beach (with free shuttle bus), a bowling alley, scuba lessons, a water park and an extensive animation program for the whole family.
- Campsite Playa Brava: Take a yoga class, go to the aqua gym or sing karaoke at this fantastically fun campsite in the Costa Brava. Plenty of activities are organized for young and old, including the Kid’s Club and the evening entertainment. Plus, this campsite is right on the beach and near the golf course of Platja de Pals.
Torroella i L’Estartit
In the famous province of Girona, you’ll find L’Estartit, a small town on the Costa Brava. Here are several beautiful beaches, such as Cala Ferriol, Mas Pinell, Cala Calella and Cala Pedrosa. This 15 km stretch of varied coastline has 5.4 km of beachfront waters. With its fine sand and shallow waters, this is ideal for families with young children. Scuba diving, paddle yoga, windsurfing, sailing, fly fishing, jet skis and kayaking are just a few of the water activities this area has to offer.
- El Delfin Verde: Directly on the beach of El Mas Pinell, this campsite has one of the largest swimming parks in the area with more than 21.500 square feet of water (2000 square metres). Right on site you’ll find several restaurants, four bars, three kids clubs, beach volleyball and so much more.
The town and municipality of Palamós is defined by the sea. Fishing on the shore, sailing through the sea, lounging on the beachfront or tasting the local cuisine are a few of the authentic opportunities that await you in Palamós. Platja de Castell, La Fosca, Cala Estreta and Platja de sa Tamardia are great spots to visit and go for a swim. In Palamós, there is a weekly market every Tuesday on Catalunya, as well as the Fish Market every weekday. Don’t forget to check out the wine tourism in Palamós, too.
- Campsite Internacional Palamos: This campsite is surrounded by a pine forest and is just 200 metres from La Fosca beach. Only 3 km from the centre of Palamós, the campsite has many hiking paths, a children’s club and several dining options right on site.
- Campsite King’s: Palm trees, fountains, mini golf, bowling and more await you at King’s Campsite. In just 200 metres you’ll reach La Fosca beach, one of the most beautiful of the Costa Brava. The kids will love the animation program, the outdoor swimming pool and the mini disco. Take advantage of the supermarket, restaurants and bars at King’s, as well.
Also known as the “Gateway to the Costa Brava”, Blanes is a town and municipality in the Girona province. There are 4 kilometres of large beaches and small coves where the family can find everything they need to spend a pleasant holiday and participate in all sorts of water and sand sports. Several restaurants and lifeguard stations are open during the bathing season. The best beaches in Blanes are Cala Treumal, Cala Sant Francesc, Punta de Sant Anna and of course, Platja de Blanes. The town of Blanes also has great nightlife.
- Campsite La Masia: La Masia is within walking distance of Blanes beautiful beach. The campsite has a Spa & Wellness Centre, two swimming pool complexes, rock climbing wall, fun evening entertainment and so much more, right on site.
The municipality of Castell-Platja d'Aro has ancient castles, fishing opportunities and of course, beautiful beaches. The Camí de Ronda is the main beach, with numerous small beaches. Platja d'Aro was originally a small fishing village on the highway between Palamós and Sant Feliu de Guíxols with a 2 km long beach. It is now a major tourist resort with hotels and other commercial premises.
- Campsite Valldaro: Three swimming pools, interactive Kids Club and many sports fields await you at Campsite Valldaro. This is a great spot for families of all ages. There’s even The DARONA CLUB, with its fishermen stand and countless activities to take part in.