Jelling, Jutland, Denmark
- Family campsite located in an idyllic and historic environment
- Next to the campsite is a public heated outdoor pool with slide and childrens pool
- 20 minutes drive from LEGOLAND® park
- Explore the Givskud Zoo, Viking History or the Jelling Monuments
- Visit the cities of Vejle, Kolding or Aarhus
Very suitable for children
younger than 7 years old.
Suitable for children
between 8 and 14 years old
Less suitable for children
14 and up
Family campsite Jelling close to Billund in Denmark
Book camping Jelling in Denmark and stay in a comfortable GlamLodge tent. This attractive campsite is new in 2021 in the Rent-a-Tent program and is a cosy family campsite with an outdoor swimming pool and only a 20-minute drive from Billund. The campsite is centrally located in Jutland and is located in the town of Jelling with the same name, just 10 minutes from the Givskud Zoo, 20 minutes from the famous Legoland and 25 minutes from the source of the Gudenåen and last but not least near the Jelling Monuments which have been on the UNESCO World Heritage List since 1994.
The campsite is popular by the Dutch and has a reception, café and cafeteria. There is a bouncy castle and the kids can enjoy go-karting on site or participate in the entertainment program in the summer months. Next to the campsite is the communal heated outdoor pool with slide and childrens pool for a lovely swim. You will receive an entrance ticket to the public swimming pool on arrival at the campsite. For this you have to pay approx. 200 DKK (approx. € 27 euro) deposit on the spot. The swimming pool has its own opening times during the summer. From June 26 to August 8, the pool is open every day and in the early and late season often in the afternoon from 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm. The campsite also organizes themed evenings with food and live music during the summer to enjoy live music performances at the campsite. You can register for this at the reception.
LEGOLAND® Park in Billund Of course, a visit to the world famous park LEGOLAND® should not be missed during your holiday. Also visit the fascinating LEGO® House and Scandinavia's largest water park, Lalandia’s AquadomeTM. In the immediate vicinity of camping Jelling you will also find a rich Viking history with the World Heritage List of UNESCO Jelling Monuments, pleasant shopping cities such as Vejle, Kolding or Aarhus, adventure safaris in Givskud Zoo and much, much more!
Please note: From May 25-28, 2023, a music festival will take place on the site next to the campsite, which may cause noise disturbance.
- During the festival you can stay in a GlamLodge tent for 6 or 7 nights. Arrival is possible on 22/5 or 23/5. Departure is possible on 28/5 or 29/5.
- It is not possible to drive your car on the campsite from Wednesday 24 May 7:00 PM to Sunday 28 May (all day).
- Your car must be parked in the central parking lot.
- Up to 6 persons
- Large fridge with freezer
- Gas BBQ (skottel braai)
- Fan and Heating
- Covered terrace
- Children sanitary facilities
- Heated sanitary facilities
- Restaurant (limited choice)
- Snack bar
- Fresh baked bread available at campsite
- Gas barbecue allowed
- Coal barbecue allowed
- Common barbecue place
- Pet allowed
- Recharging point for electric cars
- Wi-Fi coverage 80-100%
- Beach volleyball
- Some playground equipment
- Indoor playground
- Jeu de boules court
- Climbing wall
- Miniature golf
- Bouncy house
- Table tennis place
- Pup tent NOT allowed
- Outdoor pool
- Sunbathing area
- Children's pool
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Sloping terrain
- Recreation space
What can you do in the area of campsite Jelling?
- Discover the park Legoland® in Billund
- Visit the Givskud Zoo with all kinds of wild animals
- Go shopping in Kolding or Vejie
- Discover the beautiful cycling or walking routes and go out sporty
- Travel to the city of Århus, the port city on the northeast coast of Jutland
Jutland offers many opportunities to explore by car. The surroundings of camping Jelling are ideal for nice family trips. Discover the rich history of the Vikings and visit the Viking museum in Jelling. Spend a day with the kids at the zoo or visit the world famous Legoland park in Billund. On a sunny summer day there is also plenty of entertainment for water enthusiasts. Next to camping Jelling is the public swimming pool of Jelling, which you can use for free during your holiday. Or buy tickets for Scandinavia's largest water park and discover Lalandia water park with numerous swimming pools, slides and attractions. Do you like sightseeing in a city? That is also possible on Jutland. Visit the cities of Billund (23 km), Vejle (15 km), Kolding (38 km) or Aarhus (80 km) and go shopping or relax on a terrace.